Friday, April 9, 2010

Just a little something!

One of Club Scrap's® super talented designers,  Terri Zwicker,  posted a cool idea on how to alter a recipe box from the craft store.  My friend, Ron and I,  both picked up two when we were on a shopping trip to Michael's and here is one of mine.  I was inspired by Kay Williamson,  also on the CS design team,  and her use of purple, greens and browns, and that inky distressed look.
The flower is a Martha Stewart paper punch and all the papers are from the Memoirs collection,  Club Scrap's® July 2009 kit.
I used Ranger's Distress inks: Pine Needles, Shabby Shutters, Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo.
Also used Adirondack Jet Black Archival ink for all the stamping.
Stamps used are Pure and Simple collection unmounted rubber, Memoirs wood mounted stamp, and Collections Script wood mounted stamp - all from Club Scrap®.

15 comments:

  1. I too thought this was a brilliant idea of Zwick's. Love your color choices and the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Julie! Now I guess I need to finish one of mine, huh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Julie! I need a crafter nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love what you did! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, this has been really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really pretty! Congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie your box is beautiful! I love how you combined the P&S stamps w/ Memoirs! What are you going to put in it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Julie, you're spreading your talent around. Great blog and I love your recipe box project. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I'll put you in my google reader, so I can follow along. Feel free to check out my blog:
    gallorganico.blogspot.com
    Rinnda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thanks everyone, it really is so much fun and to have all of your support really means a lot! Hugs!!

    Rinda, I will definitely get on over to your blog asap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth DelValleApril 10, 2010 at 3:27 PM

    Nice end result, will you keep it or gift it?
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elizabeth, I think I will keep it but you never know?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your box, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete