Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sonoma card with a bonus!

Over at Club Scrap they had a video on how to do this great technique called the Herringbone.  Well,  today as I was trimming a piece down and notice what a cool look the edges had!   I don't think I have ever seen anyone do it before?!  So I grabbed my Xyron X and ran the pieces thru to cover them with adhesive. Then I repositioned them on a piece of matching cardstock and went to putting my card together!

I am so happy with how it turned out.
I used all Club Scrap Sonoma Collection papers and embellies!




































9 comments:

  1. Terrific job on this Julie! I have yet to do one of these myself. Maybe you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie that is so funny. It looks terrific like that and using it for a matte is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way to do that! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great eye you have to catch the potential of a new technique while working on a different one! Thanks for sharing,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I really love this card and the colors you chose are stunning! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have much patience grasshopper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that I will need to try this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete