Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tim Holtz QVC project! Finally....

A few years ago Tim Holtz was on QVC and of course I could not pass up this cool album and case he had up for sale.  It came with the Grungeboard Gate book and the Tin.   I bought the Fragments and used some really cool Creative Imaginations paper to create the tiles.   Time consuming but so worth it.  I just love the look.   Greg and I took a trip down to Provincetown and went on a whale watch for his birthday a couple of months later so I knew those were the pics I would use in it.  Well it sat and sat,  until today and I finally finished it.  I still have to add a little journalling here and there about the day but other than that the pictures are all in!   I completed disassembled the whole book to grunge it up with all my Distress inks and then when all the pages were done I put it back together.  I was so afraid I would not be able to get the thing back together,  so I took some pics just to remind me.  LOL!
So here are some pics of the finished project.
















































17 comments:

  1. Great project Julie, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gate book and I love your blog!
    I recently joined Club Scrap and love it way too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - the blog is great! Love your header - I used the same kit for mine, but I'm not very good with digi. All the projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is terrific! I've seen his boxes done like this but never the gate album inside. Wow, your alterations on the grunge pages are fabulous and I love the colors for the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job on the Gatefold Grungebook! That is a scary album to tackle... I bought the kit too(it came with the Fragments), but worry about taking it apart to ink up and then getting it back together. Great tip about taking pictures as disassembling! I may paint the Grungeboard to seal in the acid.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grungebook & tin came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SOO much for doing this project-I too bought it when it came out (I think I asked for it for Christmas) and I haven't done a thing with it. I have some older pictures from an Alaska cruise and if I can get them whittled down I'm going to stick them in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW Julie...both the tin and gate book turned out to be absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie I too have this from Tim and you have given me inspiration to find it and get it done!
    I love the colors. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, It's gorgeoius! I'm inspired as well. I had just re-watched Tim's storage video the other day and between that and your project, I'm really feeling I need to go get mine done too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie - spectacular! Great choice of papers and I would love to see those photos! You've given me a great gift idea - I'll post it on PAO should I ever make it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really awesome - what a beautiful gate book... Want to come over and look through my closet - I bought this on QVC also - wonder where it's at???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...luv it! wish I had one myself! totally awesome! cher

    ReplyDelete