Friday, July 16, 2010

CCC #5! Distress Embossing Powder

Here is a creation using the Distress Embossing Powder.  I had a hard time finding a stamp that I thought did justice to this technique.  I think it really has to be a stamp with a lot of surface area to appreciate the Distressed Embossing look!  
Dragon fly and Cat o Nine tails stamps  - Club Scrap Centennial Casual UM rubber set
Script stamp -  Club Scrap Collections Wood Mounted
Quote stamp - Club Scrap Castaway UM
I used dictionary paper on the background which was embossed chipboard.  Then I sanded off the raised areas.  Inked with Distress Vintage Photo.
The stamped images on the tag are Archival ink and Ranger Emboss It clear Ink and Distress Black embossing powder.
The Flower is made with a punch from Martha Stewart.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, this is absolutely beautiful! The Distress powder looks awesome on the cattail and dragonfly stamps-- those are great images for this kind of texture! The text in the background is a great touch, and the sentiment is perfect! This is a wonderful example of how to use Distress Powder, and I'm so happy you shared it at the CCC #5! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Those cat tail stamps are the reason I bought that unmounted set. Love how it looks here.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous creation! I'm glad you chose this stamp! PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag. These stamps were perfect for the distress technique. That's one of my favorite UM sets too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome.......guess I need to learn some of these techniques.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the elements and the textures.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've put it all together, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete