Friday, July 23, 2010

CCC #6 Multi Medium Collage

So the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge continues.
I used some tiny jewelry boxes from the craft store to recreate something like Tim's new Configurations shadow boxes.   I used some antique dictionary pages,  Idea ology products,  embellishments from Club Scrap.   The stamped quote is from Club Scrap UM Nature's Wonders.
The papers are a lime green from DCWV which I embossed with a Cuttlebug harlequin folder and sanded and inked with Distress in various colors.
And I used a Gears embossing folder (unsure of the brand) for the piece of Idea ology packaging that I sanded off to reveal the image.  Inked all the edges with Distress Vintage photo and some Peeled Paint.
Flower punch was a Martha Stuart.
stamp Flourish was a Studio G (I think)  all stamped in Archival Ink.

13 comments:

  1. Awesome project Julie. I did the challenge with some CS paper but really want to go back and do it with dictionary, music sheet or other paper.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, super nice looking! I love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julie...there is so much to look at and oooh and ahhhh over on this piece. You're gonna have to tell me more about this gears embossing folder.....i'm super intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Julie, this is sensational! What a great way to not only utilize the Multi-Medium technique, but also craft your own version of the new Configurations boxes! This is an absolute feast for the eyes-- so many cool elements to look at, with the cool texture in the background and your perfectly-chosen embellishments. I could admire this for hours! Beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally terrific, love it. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous collage challenge piece! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea using the jewelry boxes! Everthing is so "together". Fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I really like how you made the shadow boxes on there and love the colour of the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous, so clever are you!

    ReplyDelete