Monday, July 26, 2010

CCC #7 Tinted Vision Fragment

Here we are at week 7 already of this cool Compendium of Curiosities Challenge!   Where does the time go!

The photo is of my grandpa Wilfred who I never knew because he passed away before I was born.   It is really so unfortunate,  because we were so much alike in our love of the arts!   He was about 4 yrs old in this picture and I just loved him holding the flag and sporting the very stylish white fur coat and beret.

A happy accident colored the sepia flag in just the right spot to make it appear red white and blue!   I swear I didn't plan it.



I used a wood mount stamp from the dollar bin at the LCS,  idea ology star trinket, token, clip and jump ring.

The lace was from my stash along with the piece of old dictionary paper from my friend Ellen.   Was so excited that one page had the word star on it!   How perfect!   I love when things just fall into place creatively. :)

The red ribbon was also from my stash and distressed it with Black Soot and Vintage Photo Distress ink.
I used Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo Distress inks to create the tag.
The script stamp on the tag is from Club Scrap's Collections kit.
The brown paper is also from Club Scrap.
Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

  1. The fragment is lovely, and tag amazing! (so is last week's, which I've just seen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, and even more so because it is so personal to you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to use your grandpa! Lovely keepsake challenge piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out awesome, Julie!! Love that you got to use a personal photo. Those heritage pics are so special to have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is awesome! What a wonderful photo of your grandpa! It's so perfect for this Fragment technique, and you've created a beautiful work of art with this layout.

    How cool that the AI tinted the flag so perfectly, too! It really does look like you planned it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job & what a treat that you got to use your Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, I love the colours you used on the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the image you've chosen. What a great idea to incorporate a tag on the card and have the fragment overlap both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just fabulous! I am so loving seeing all these wonderful pieces and each week just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo and your fragment turned out so well! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to try this out when I get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous piece, love the colours & your fragment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tribute to your Grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Love the colors on the background tag, and that picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous! I knew I'd love it from you description even before I saw your photo - and I wasn't wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet image and wonderful keepsake, a great use of the fragment. Yummy colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great tag - love the photo of your Gpa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great job, I love these fragments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awsome card with the tag, julie. Great embellishment with the lace.
    Love the blue that unintentional came up.

    ReplyDelete