Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CCC #12 Chipped Enamel

Here we are with another fantastic technique from the Compendium of Curiosities book by Tim Holtz!
Having so much fun over at Linda's blog,  Studio L3, with these challenges!  
I used a variety of Tim's idea ology trinkets including the Ornate Plate, stencil letters and spinner.
The silver flowers were Memory Makers in a variety pack.
Black Distress embossing powder for this technique on the letters and daisy flower.
I also painted one of the metal flowers with Peeled Paint Distress Crackle paint.
The paper comes from Club Scrap's Great Outdoors and Paisley Collections.
The base green is DCWV and is embossed with a corrugated cardboard style embossing folder.  And I believe it was a Cuttlebug brand.
The script stamp is from Club Scrap's Collections kit.
I inked the edges of the papers with Adirondack Jet Black Archival ink.
The jewels are from my stash.

14 comments:

  1. Very cool! I think the ideology flowers take to this technique really well.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enlarged your photo so could really get a good look........and the chipped enamel is fab. Terrific piece. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that piece!!!!!! A wonderful piece of ART!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece, love all the metal elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouu! Julie!

    I love this! I wish I could make my craft room door look Just Like This!

    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I was thinking the same thing! Wouldn't that make the coolest craft room door? Awesome work, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the technique on the stencil lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, this is WAY COOL!!! What an ingenious design, and the CRAFT letters look spectacular with the chipped enamel technique! Great layers on that background, too-- I love how you put this piece together.

    Did you enter this at Simon Says Stamp and Show?? You should-- their challenge is all about LAYERS this week, and you've created a real masterpiece that should be seen by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie... love how you incorporated the CRAFT letters.... great job !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Julie! I love the colors and all the fabulously textured layers!! And the chipped enamel looks great on the metal letters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always Julie...another great work of art. So glad you are playing along with me at the CCC challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these letters--very cool! Thanks for sharing-Shawn

    ReplyDelete