Sunday, August 8, 2010

CCC #8 Inking Grunge

So,  I am just finishing this weeks challenge at the last minute because my family and I have been on a week vacation to Florida to visit my brother and his family.   Such a wonderful time.  

This project idea comes from a terrifically talented lady named Laura who's blog I just recently discovered! She is so creative in her projects but this one grabbed me!   Here is a link to her BLOG!

I am going to be heading to Club Scrap's Retreat in October and thought this Neck Pouch would be a handy item to keep my credit card, id and spending money in.   I could also keep a pair of scissors in here too.  

I used grungepaper and a variety of Tim Holtz distress Inks including Broken China,  Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.   And after doing the technique,  I realized there may be a problem with the inks still smudging so I used an Acrylic sealer all over the piece to water proof it.  Thanks for the advice Tim!
The trinkets are all Idea ology.   And the image on the fragment came from the Backgrounds and Borders sheet from Club Scrap's Body and Soul monthly kit.
The stamping on the pouch uses Club Scrap's script stamp from Collections,  and a variety from the new unmounted rubber sheet from the Be Wonderful remix.




















5 comments:

  1. Julie, this is flat-out incredible! What a brilliant expression of the inked grunge challenge-- and it's not only gorgeous, it's completely useful, too! I love the color, the design, the cool embellishments-- everything about it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - great idea to make a little pouch. It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the color and the scrolled stamps are really pretty. I haven't worked with grunge paper very much and I had no idea you could do things like this. This is a great little pouch to go out with when you just want to carry a little something. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! You will be the talk of the town at retreat this year! Wish I was going to see it in person. Ah well......maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete