Saturday, August 14, 2010

CCC #9 Distress Crackle

I absolutely love this Ranger product!   The Distress Crackle paint comes in so many different colors and cracks perfectly to give that awesome grungy look.
I created this little panel to use on an easel card.  My good friend Ron let me use his die cutter and Tim Holtz Alterations dies to create it.   I really love the dimensionality of this die set!

Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress inks to distress the edges of bird and brown matte. 
Picket Fence Distress Crackle
Bird Cage distressed with Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, and Walnut Stain inks.
Brown paper from Club Scrap
Flower Punches from Martha Stuart and McGill and
small center flowers from Sizzix Die Hawaiian flowers Sizzlet set.
Jump Rings and Token from Tim Holtz Idea ology.
I removed the pearls from a section of vintage jewelry for the dangles.

7 comments:

  1. Love what you did with my favorite die! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Julie, and the crackle paint looks amazing! I love these dies, and this is one of the best examples I've seen of what can be done with them. Love the vintage pearls and flower, and the bird is inked so perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. I think that crackle paint is the best crackle product out there, and I've tried a bunch. Most are messy, time consuming and hit & miss. The crackle paint always seems to come through!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely piece. Great crackle on the cage.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Julie! The birdcage turned out AWESOME! looks so vintage and victorian. I agree with you, that crackle paint is the best there is. And thanks for coming over to see my drawer fronts in progress. This project now has a life of its own. Hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, real shabby chic perfection

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job, Julie!!!! Now I guess I need to finish mine!! :o)

    ReplyDelete