Monday, October 25, 2010

Needed something for the wall.

So I made this little 3 dimensional piece to hang on the bathroom wall.  
It is made from Club Scrap paper from the Fossils and Poetic kits.  
The vases are made from paper from the Freedom kit.
I inked the vases to give them some dimension and the paper was crinkled up a bit to give it the look of cracking.
The idea comes from Michael Strong's book The Paper Greenhouse.   He is a very talented artists and designer or rubber stamps.
I also used a technique I learned from Club Scrap called the Herringbone.   And used the outer cut away leftover pieces for the frame around the paper foliage and vases.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. You outdid yourself Julie! This is just incredible and Michael would be so proud of you. You need to send this to him.

    Drop-dead-awesome!!!

    Farley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just wow! Love everything about this Julie. Glad I could inspire you to make it your own.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Julie. You have inspired me, too. I have been wanting to make something similar for my seashell themed bathroom. Something from Castaway, perhaps? Although those colors wouldn't work.

    Anyway, as I said, this is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Julie! This is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow super nice job, I love this! Would look nice in my mom's bathroom ;) I enjoyed making those paper garden cards from the CIAB right?

    ReplyDelete