Monday, February 14, 2011

Club Scrap "Share the Love" Blog Hop

Happy Valentine's Day and WELCOME to the first ever Club Scrap Member Blog Hop!
We are so happy to share our love of this scrapbooking kit of the month club.   We can tell you the we really feel like a family and everyone at Club Scrap HQ makes you feel the same way!

I have been a monthly kit member since joining in January 2008 with the Study in Red kit.   And when my 3 month membership was up there was no way I was going to give it up.   So many beautiful and exciting kits each month.   What a pleasure it has been to be a member for all of these years.

So with out further ado,  I would like to share a couple of things I prepared especially for today's hop!
Using the Gratitude Kit from April 2010 I have created paper quilt blocks.   The first project is a wall hanging in the Bear Claw Block style.
I also used an unmounted rubber swirl stamp from the Be Wonderful collection to add pattern to the brown squares and used Club Scrap's Ruby Hybrid ink.



















I also decided to created 2 cards with the remaining squares.   They are in the Star Four Square style.
The embellishment on the first card is a dragonfly from the Gratitude kit and the button is vintage from my stash.   In the cards as well as the wall hanging,  I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Texturz fades folders to emboss the solid card stocks.  (Brick, Brocade, and Flourish)

The idea for these cards came from a project done on Split Coast Stampers!













Please hop on over to Connie's Blog!

If you get lost along the way here is where you are now and a complete list of all the Participants in todays Club Scrap Blog Hop!

Julie's Blog    YOU ARE HERE!
Connie's Blog
Ann's Blog
Julie S.'s Blog
Deb's Blog
Chrissie's Blog
Theresa's Blog
Rachelle's Blog
Erin's Blog
Jen's Blog
Nancy's Blog
Wendy's Blog


Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure you leave my Club Scrap friends and I some love on Valentine's Day!!
Make it a great one!

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Julie. What a clever idea. I love the quilting blocks. Great way to showcase the beautiful Club Scrap papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Julie. I always loved the colors of this kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Julie. I haven't seen the stamps that you used. Must search GHM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Julie! My 2 favorite things, paper crafting and quilting all rolled into one. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work Julie. I just knew you'd turn out something fantastic. Your work is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! I also love that swirl stamp from Be Wonderful, it is so versatile. Off to check out the other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, these are bee-yoo-tee-ful! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job on these Julie - may have to be casing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie these are gorgeous. The squares came out just perfect, what a terrific wall hanging. I'm going to have to try this... hopefully easier than sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this tutorial on SCS - how awesome to see a Club Scrap interpretation of this. Just love this idea, and may have to CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! I knew you'd come up with something amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative Julie! I love your wall hanging. And the remaining squares make awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh Julie! These are astounding. Thanks for sharing your art with us as always.
    Farley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Job, Julie! This blog hop idea is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, what a perfect way to display all the colors of the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilt! Love how you have the colors and textures blended!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Julie, I love your qult cards. Beautiful colors and Club Scrap is the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete