Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines Day!

So today I had the pleasure of going in to my daughter Shannon's kindergarten class to read a story and do a project!   It was so much fun to see the kids create these fabulous cards inspired by one of my favorite people Michael Strong.    I was lucky enough to go to Club Scrap's Annual Retreat in WI this past October and Mike was a guest instructor and taught an awesome card workshop that used this acrylic painting technique.

Here is the card that I made to show the kids a sample of how the card should look.   Of course,  being kids they have their own creativity and they went to town creating their own original works of art for their Valentine's cards.














And here is the card that Shannon made!




















It made me so happy when the kids came up to me after we were finished saying how much fun they had making the card.     Thanks to Mrs.  Phinney's class for being so wonderfully creative and welcoming!

4 comments:

  1. this is so cool. What a treat to get to do this with your daughters class and your take on Michael's technique is awesome. I will definitely be copying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great! Shannon made an excellent card - I can just imagine the fun in class! And you're so right about them doing their own thing... I did a stamping journal with 5th graders once, oh boy did I lose control on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Chrissie and Nancy!! LOL! You are so right Nancy, control can be lost so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable and her card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete