Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Card Sketch Challenge


My good friend Jen over at Club Scrap decided we needed to use some of the great Card sketches available to us from CS over the years.    So she challenged us to use a sketch from March 2006 Paisley recipe card.  It was fun and I sat down this morning and created this card.   I used papers from the Cyprus and Asian Artisan kits and also some of my fun background papers I created using metallic paints and white acrylic paint to make splattered speckles.

I also used some Prima flowers I found in clearance at Michael's and flowers die cut using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Alterations line from Sizzix.    The buttons and gold flower are vintage from my stash.

Do you like to participate in challenges?    If so what are your favorites to join .... Cards,  Layouts,  Projects?

I really find them all to be fun!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Julie, as I said before, this card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for setting the bar so high for our CS challenge. I knew you would come up with something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those button centers are such a unique touch!

    ReplyDelete