Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grungy Monday #5


I am so glad I have been able to create some art based on the challenges given to us by Linda at Studio L3! I have wanted to create this layout based on a technique I originally saw Tim Holtz do on the Carol Duval Show many years ago.    And finally I have been able to do it.


My Auntie Judy came across these antique glasses in a very old case in my grandparents things.    I knew when I saw them that this layout technique would show case them so well.     My great grandfather could have been the one who actually wore them.   I also received several other things from my aunt that were associated with this man that I never had the opportunity to know.    For my 40th birthday,  she gave me a garnet ring he had designed and made.   He had given it to her and now she was giving it to me!   I was thrilled and wear it every day.    Not only did he make beautiful jewelry,  but he also wrote a song which my aunt made a copy of and I reprinted it onto paper smaller so it would fit on my 12x12 page.

The page is created on 12x12 black foam core and the papers and embellishments used are from the Let Me Count the Ways Club Scrap kit.

13 comments:

  1. That is an awesome layout, and what a great gift she gave you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Julie! What a fantastic way to pay tribute to your great-grandfather. Lovely to have such beautiful momentos. Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout. What a wonderful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! This really gives me an idea for an altered book I need to work on.
    Thanks,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That challenge was perfect for your heritage page, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie this is a wonderful page. You are so very lucky to have such terrific momentos of your great grandfather

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful hommage to your grandfather! And what a clever idea o use the technique to house memorabilia about your relative! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful tribute, a beautiful layout and a great entry to this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great way to capture memories of someone special in your life. I love the niche and those glasses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic page, with so many memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful story!! Isn't it wonderful to be so proud of your family, even of the of the members you have never met?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative - and a wonderful memory too - great piece.
    Sarah at 54

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great layout. It's truely beautiful, such great memories.

    ReplyDelete