Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter!



My daughter Alicia and I sat down to try this really fun technique on some blown eggs.   We cleaned the eggs and boiled them.   Then let them dry over night.   Then we took some old sewing pattern tissue and decoupaged them all over the egg using Club Scrap book binding glue watered down just a bit.
Then stamped on a small piece of tissue using some Club Scrap stamps (Adobe and Pure and Simple) with Club Scrap India Ink and let dry completely.   Then after the egg was dry we decoupaged on our stamped images on a relatively smooth portion of the tissue covered egg.

Once the egg was dry,   Alicia colored her egg with Sharpie markers and I used Alcohol inks and added a little glitter.

Very antiqued looking eggs.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those look inspiring! Great work, julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I'm going to have to try that.........only I may try on something I can keep :)

    TFS

    ReplyDelete