Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome to the Club Scrap Die Cutter's Blog Hop!!


Today we are celebrating our love of Club Scrap and how we use our favorite die cutting machines.
I have used several in my day,  started out small with a Sizzix Side Kick that I got as a Mother's Day present from my mom about 8 years ago.   Recently moved up to a Sizzix Big Shot at this years birthday so I could cut larger / thicker materials and use Tim Holtz's new line of Sizzix dies and embossing folders.  
Then my hubby and I were looking at the Silhouette and we both felt that this type of machine would be such a great addition to my die cutting products.   Love this machine and how I can cut any true type font,  I can hand draw any image or scan an image to import into the software and then cut that shape out on my awesome Club Scrap papers!   It runs like a dream and the amount of detail is amazing.    

So here is the piece I have decided to share with all of you!   

The first time I used my Silhouette,  I went big!   I decided to cut the most intricate design I could get my hands on LOL!   Crazy I know,  but I really want to see what this machine could do.   So I used my $10.00 gift card (came with purchase of the machine) at the Silhouette store (accessible thru the software) and bought a few things that I thought I would get the most mileage out of.   I couldn't resist these lace patterns one in Butterflies and one in Snowflakes.   I cut it using standard copy paper and it came out great.   Down side.... tons of tiny little pieces I had to get off my sticky carrier sheet.  Fun stuff,  live and learn.   Got some great tips from fellow Silhouette users on how to get those off in a jiffy!   

I had recently purchased some of my favorite 8.5 x 11 Club Scrap papers from the Pure and Simple kit.  These highly textured (looks like leather) and awesome colored papers fit my project perfect and I set out to create a Chain Stitch book.    I had seen Tricia Morris (the co owner of Club Scrap) do a video tutorial of this book years ago while watching Craft TV Weekly (videos are available HERE) and always wanted to try it.   So I reviewed the instructions and the video and made an extra large version 8x8 of my own which the lace die cut with butterflies for the cover embellishment.   I used my Club Scrap Book Binding/Padding/Laminating glue to adhere the very delicate lace piece to the front cover.  I spread the glue over the entire black cover and gently (and very carefully) laid my lace piece on top.   I love the way the white pops off the black background.   I am planning on using this book for a garden journal.  

I am super happy with how it all came together and hope you like it. 

Please be sure to hop around to all my friends blogs so you can see which die cutter is their favorite to use with Club Scrap papers and products!

Hop on over to Connie's blog next!! 
Bloggers really appreciate your comments so please feel free to leave us some love!!  

15 comments:

  1. This cut is gorgeous, Julie. I tried to cut the similar corner border out of Henna paper and it didn't cut so well. Very fibrous paper. But this is fantastic. Perfect. Great cover to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you made a great frontpage to your book.The design showed up just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I "need" a Silhouette...love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!Luv the lace! It is so delicate looking...
    BethA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!That cover is just gorgeous! Now there's another thing on my "wish" list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! this is a true work of art Jules and I'm so glad you love your Silhouette as much as I love mine. You sure did swing for the fences for your first project and wow oh wow did you knock it out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Julie, this cover and entire book is most definitely a work of art, and love! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! what a great selling point for the Silouette.
    Wonderful cover for your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this book is really fantastic, that machine is truly a gem... what amazing things it can do. Your bookmaking skills are downright envious too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, my eyes just popped at your amazing cover. You really did start out BIG, LOL! It is lovely and how perfect with the Pure & Simple papers.

    Farley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this - almost makes me want a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, this is a beauty! Welcome to the world of chainstitiching, it can be addictive, just like everything else Club Scrap give us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! The silhouette sounds compeletly awesome! That lacey cover piece is probably worth the price of the machine! I'd love to see the pages of your garden journal as you get them done. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - from the looks of all these blogs I may have to save up for a cricuit or one of these tools you all are using :)

    ReplyDelete