Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trying out a new technique.


While playing with the Gelatos,  I decided to try using the color directly from the crayon like applicator onto a make up sponge and rubbing onto a stencil to create the design.   The outer image is created by rubbing the Gelato directly onto the stencil and spritzing with water.  Then you squish your paper into the color.   I love the watery look of the Purple Metallic Gelato and how the reverse of the stencil is revealed.

I used the Papillon Stencil for this technique.   Love this 2 part stencil, details and the outline.   2 stencils for the price of 1!!

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. I love the second one - it almost looks like stone.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what i call "playing"! You do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, this is gorgeous!! And to think I now own that butterfly stencil, I'll have to try out this cool technique!

    ReplyDelete