Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Presents!

So as promised,  I wanted to post a few of the presents I made for some of my family for Christmas.

















First up is the Frame it Up project I learned at Club Scrap's Retreat in October.    I purchased a second kit to make and this is featuring my cousin with his wife and 2 kids.  I printed the pics in sepia tones to match the papers.   I also printed out the quote I found about family on my computer and used a stamp from the Club Scrap Raku kit.
















Next up is a version of this project which I created using Club Scrap papers from the Versailles kit, black and white cardstock, and chipboard and book board which I cut to smaller dimensions.   The stamped images are also Club Scrap from Great Outdoors kit and Raku kit.   It was for my In Laws and commemorates their trip to the Pacific Northwest this past summer.  My Mom in law took some of the most amazing photos on this trip and I wanted to highlight some of my favorites!

















My cousin Cas and her boyfriend Nick have had to spend some time apart due to his entering the military.   She misses him a lot and I wanted to make her something special.   I used one of my art canvas creations that I had made for my Craft Fair and this great photo taken by a friend of hers,  fit perfectly on it.  The canvas is created using various Glimmer Mists and a mask from the Club Scrap Versailles kit.  I hand made the paper flowers using various punches and die cuts.    The quote is from Club Scrap Arts and Crafts kit.   The photo mattes are cut from Club Scrap's Evergreen handmade paper in maroon, and also from their Cyprus kit in teal.





















This was also a project I learned to create at Retreat.    It is a music box and purchased a second kit to create a unique gift for my Aunt and Uncle of our family's favorite spot to go in the summer.    The Gurnet is where our family has had a cottage since 1959 and it is truly heaven on earth.   My Aunt had taken the photo of the lighthouse with the rainbow one spring and I got the rainbow over the peninsula one summer.   I used the photos printed on larger paper to cover the book board base rather than the paper that came with the kit.  
The stamped quote on the cover is from the Club Scrap By the Seashore kit and the inside quote by the lighthouse is from the Henna kit.   I speckled the paper inside using various colors of inks misted with water and flicked on using a dry paint brush dipped in the watery inks.

I really love creating things for my family for Christmas.    It makes me feel so proud to give them something that comes from my heart.

1 comment:

  1. These projects are so gorgeous! Your family is blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete