Friday, July 27, 2012

Paper flower necklace



I have been inspired to create some Club Scrap projects during the Olympics!    I am have joined a group of my friends at the Coffeehouse Forum in the Craftalong Olympics Challenge!   I have pledged to make 10 projects.   I have many kits sitting in my craft room that need attention.  So this was the perfect challenge for me.   However,  the first project I decided to work on was not an official Club Scrap project.    Let me start from the beginning.....

Tomorrow is my 25th High School Reunion!   This is a huge milestone.   I actually still live in the town where I graduated from.    I just couldn't bring myself to leave,  it is that nice of a place to live.   I am really looking forward to it.    I went out shopping for an outfit and found it.   A plain black tank and cool orange red skirt.   I already had the shoes,  some cool silver wedges!    But the outfit was quite plain and needed something to perk it up a bit.   I needed a piece of jewelry to finish the look.   A necklace, something big and bold!   But,  I couldn't find anything that fit the bill.   So I decided to create my own.   I went online looking for inspiration and found this beauty on Pinterest.    So I went into my box of Club Scrap paper scraps (POPS) and chose some oranges and reds that would compliment my skirt.   Made a base necklace out of left over pieces of silver chains and findings and even repurposed some Mike's Hard Lemonade bottle caps.



I made holes in each one using my Tim Holtz drill.   Then linked them all together with some jump rings.   Added the chain and findings and voila,  a necklace!






Then I used my Tim Holtz floral dies and some punches to create the flowers. Fun stuff!  Next up I attached the flower clusters to the bottle caps and the necklace was done.   I used Glue Dots and Hot Glue gun to attach them to the bottle caps.    


Wish me luck with seeing all my high school friends.  And please I love to read your comments and would love to hear what you think.   

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. Julie, you are so creative! I love this necklace. What a great idea for using some of your wonderful paper flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work, Jules! Don't forget to have a photo taken of you in the whole outfit - we wanna see the entire ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacularly gorgeous, Julie! Thanks for sharing the process. And I'll second what Ron said: Photo of the whole outfit, please! Have a wonderful time at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful! You' ll be the hit of the reunion with that gorgeous necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, Julie! You always make the most amazing flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous flowers, Julie!

    ReplyDelete