Thursday, October 18, 2012

At it again!


I have been so bad about getting my Club Scrap challenges done.   There are so many fun ones to join in on at the CS Community Forum and one of my favorites is Jen's Card Sketch Challenge.   I was always so good about getting it done right away as soon as Jen posted her challenge on the first day of the month,  but alas,  I have been busy so the first thing that gets pushed aside is crafting time.

So today I finally had a chance to sit down with the sketch that Jen chose for Sept/Oct.  I wanted to try and come up with my own ALCM (aka Assembly Line Card Making) cutting instructions for it.   I love to be able to cut all my pieces out and then stamp and assemble.   Easy peasy.





















This is an intermediate ALCM formula.   I really hope you all find it helpful when creating your next batch of cards.   Feel free to click on the image above and download for your personal use.
















I chose unmounted rubber stamps from the Sorrento Borders and Backgrounds.   I used CS Inks in both Earth and WOW Red.   The sentiment is stamped in CS India Ink.  I chose papers from my stash from a Recollections (Michael's Arts and Crafts Store) set called Preppy Beach.
I also used chose to use some fibers from Club Scrap's Retreat 2010 and Cruisin kit.
The pearls are also from my stash.
I used dimensional squares under the sentiments to pop them up.



8 comments:

  1. What a great ALS pattern. I bookmarked this to use for some Halloween or fall cards.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to make many cards and they are all so wonderful. Love your color combo Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great formula! Love your ACLM recipes ... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these formulas, Julie! Thanks for making one for my sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job with your cards, Julie! you rock the ALCMs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your formulas Julie! This is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, you're awesome! Definitely going to use this one for my Christmas card swap cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute, Julie. Thanks for sharing the directions. I plan to make this set, too.

    ReplyDelete