Sunday, October 21, 2012

Using up my scraps....sort of


A few days ago I posted some instructions for cards made using my very own ALCM instructions.   I had a few scraps left over and really wanted to try and use them for more cards.

I created 3 more cards using 8.5x11 paper in white, blue and tan.  I cut each piece so that it yielded 1 card base and 2 panels.  I stamped on one of each of the colors panels with the flower stamp and then on the scraps I stamped on the 1x5.25" strip to contrast the other layers with the Wildflowers script stamp.

With just some simple cuts and layering of the leftover strips I was able to come up with 3 more cards.

Stamps - Sorrento, Wildflowers unmounted rubber stamps - Club Scrap
               sentiment - Gimme a Ring wood mounted rubber stamp - Club Scrap

Inks - Club Scrap Earth Hybrid Ink and Black India Ink

Cardstock- Michaels Recollections Preppy Beach and White cardstock

Pearls - Michaels Recollections strips of pearls

Of course now I have 3 more panels and some other small bits left over.  What will I do with these?!   LOL :)   MAKE MORE CARDS.....  stay tuned

4 comments:

  1. LOL -- way to go! (It never ends...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with lynn - you keep more and more scraps knowing you can make MORE! great cards, julie!

    ReplyDelete