Friday, February 22, 2013

Club Scrap® Stencil Week - PSL


I wanted to share a few of the cards I made during this week's challenge of the Pro Scrapbooker's League hosted by Club Scrap.













I used the Random Doorways Stencil (which is still available to purchase in the Gotta Have More Dept. at Club Scrap) in the above cards along with bases I cut from 8.5 x 11 sheets of plain red and pink card stocks from 2 past Club Scrap kits.   Birds of a Feather pink and Arts and Crafts red.
I stamped a simple birthday greeting onto white cardstock with the Gimme A Ring sentiment stamp also from Club Scrap in their Hybrid Ash Ink.















I had fun playing with my Distress inks in 3 primary colors - Squeezed Lemonade, Festive Berries and Salty Ocean.  By starting with the lightest color first, applying the darker color to the outside of the stencil, and then alternating colors I was able to blend them into purples, oranges and greens.  Very fun!



This is a stencil from Retreat 2010.
The kit was called Connections and the image was designed by our special guest at Retreat, Michael Strong!


 And this stencil was from another past Club Scrap kit called Common Threads.   I added a shadow to the stenciled images using a Distress Marker in Black Soot.


I finished off the artwork with a speckling technique using the inks watered down and applied with a paint brush.   Check out this fun video by Tricia Morris on how to accomplish this look.   She uses a water color crayon to achieve the same look.

Thanks for stopping by!




8 comments:

  1. Awesome stenciling Julie! Love the color blending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - I really like the shadow added to the CT stencil. Great idea - really makes them look 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Julie! I love what I see during stencil week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, Love your cards and the shadow technique. Have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are great, Julie. The stenciling is wonderful and I'm a sucker for rainbow effects. Just got that RD stencil and I'm itching to try it. Now I need to see if I have the one from Common Threads. Love your shading effect. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie
    I couldn't help but notice your ink blending tools. How did you make them?
    It looks kind of like you kept wood blocks from old SU stamps. Now I wish hadn't thrown away all of mine!!

    ReplyDelete