I need to start off by saying that I absolutely love my Silhouette SD electronic cutter. My husband purchased it for me 2 years ago and I honestly use it all the time to cut all sorts of things from feathers for a giant Eagle display case bulletin board at school to simple letters for a title of a scrapbook page.
I love creating my own images to cut, but often download free images from the Silhouette Store after reading their blog. I have quite a few and finally decided to use one of them.
I was inspired this morning while browsing around Pinterest by this post from Layers of Ink Blog. Thanks to Anna for a fantastic tutorial!
I started out by inking my Queen Anne's Lace unmounted rubber stamp from the Wildflowers Kit by Club Scrap using CS White Pigment Ink and then embossing with CS clear embossing powder.
Next up I inked my solid Wildflower image with CS Hybrid Ash Ink. Stamping directly over my embossed images. With a damp towel I cleaned off the embossed image which resisted the ink.
Then I chose 4 colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Festive Berries, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, and Picked Raspberry
I inked the bag flat on my work surface in different areas with the 4 different colors blending together.
After which I used the damp cloth to again remove the access ink from my embossed Queen Anne's Lace image.
I wanted to mimic the look of Anna's creation but did not have any Distress Stain in Picket Fence White. So I created a similar concoction in my mini mister of 10 drops of white acrylic paint and filled the rest of the vessel with water. I added 2 pearls to aid in the mixing of the liquid inside the mister. I then used the spritz and flick technique to make this wonderful speckled look on the paper.
I then used a script unmounted stamp from the same Wildflowers kit inked with CS Hybrid Earth Ink and stamped portions of the stamp randomly around the surface of the paper.
I struggled for a long time with how to manage the decorative hole that was in the front of the bag. I decided to use a small piece of vellum taped to the inside of the bag. I used a satin ribbon to tie it together in a pale shade of pink.
Here are a few more views of the completed bag.
Very happy with how it all came together.
I even had a practice sheet of paper (always try out the colors and techniques on a sample sheet just to make sure I will love how it comes together before working on the die cut) left over and the small cut out from the front of the bag. So I made this card for my Pro Scrapper's League team. This is a wonderful event hosted by Club Scrap twice a year. Fun times!
Card base Up Up and Away Kit Club Scrap
Thanks so much for stopping by.