Thursday, April 4, 2013

Oh Scrap!

I created a post 2 days ago,  if you missed it click HERE, about my Sketch Challenge cards and I created some ALCM instructions to go along with them.
Sometimes when you create a set like this you have a nice little collection of scraps left.

Here is the nice little pile.




















I couldn't just let this nice little pile go into the recycling bin,  so I made 2 cards with them.

I used a dark blue plain 8.5 x 11 sheet from the Club Scrap Serenity collection.  Cut the sheet in half horizontally at 5.5,  which yields 2 - 4.25 x 5.5 card bases (A2 size).











For the card on the left I used the strips and on the right I used the rectangle pieces.

The card on the right, I stamped a sentiment into the white plain rectangle and used a matching stamp from the CS® Wildflowers stamps to add a little something in the white space.
I corner rounded the outside corners of all the rectangles as well.

Other products used
CS® Bookshelves pearl strips
CS® Gimme a Ring happy birthday stamp
CS® Serenity sentiment stamp

Thanks again for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. These are a great idea! I made some backgrounds this morning, a la the Club Scrap Creates recent post and soon I'm going to turn them into some cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards...I hate throwing out my scraps. Thanks

    ReplyDelete