Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Welcome Tribal Blog Hoppers!


Today we are celebrating Club Scrap's August kit called Tribal. If you want to start from the beginning of the hop, jump over to the CLUB SCRAP CREATES BLOG by clicking on the link. It is here that you will find the complete list of participating Bloggers.

The Tribal kit screams out to be used for something special for the man in your life. What a fantastic way to get some masculine influences in your artwork.
Tribal Valet Blog Hop Project + iPhone5 template.

First up, I ordered a clear black iPhone5 case which I purchased on Amazon.com HERE. There are all sorts of colors and models to choose from.

Next I created a template, using some of the packaging, and designed a totally unique cover using my Tribal unmounted rubber stamps. I am providing a free template here on the hop so you can design your very own.
Print out your template on 8.5x11" paper.
I made several different versions.
iPhone5 with stamped template in clear case and optional template variation.

I am excited to change things up with every new Club Scrap kit that is released.

My other goal was to create a small organization spot for guys to throw their spare change, keys and phone at the end of the day. Let's face it, most guys (and some of us gals) just throw stuff on a counter or bureau willy nilly and this is how things get misplaced.
Loose change and stuff.

So instead of reinventing the wheel,  I went back in my stash of Club Scrap project instructions and found the Stamp Project from the Jan. 2011 Lotus Pond Kit.  This adorable little Trinket Treasure Trove project just needed a few adjustments to the measurements and it was the perfect size for my dresser valet.
Used the Tribal 8.5x11 print to cover the top, sides and back of the valet.

After assembling the cabinet I painted the book board using Blick black matte finish acrylic paint.

I also added wood plugs (from the hardware store) as drawer knob and feet. I "stained" the wood plugs using Club Scrap's Hybrid Earth ink and attached to the unit using Club Scrap Book Binding Glue.
Drawer knob and feet are 2 different styles of wood plugs.
The iPhone5 coordinates perfectly with the Valet.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I really hope you were inspired to create something for the guys in your life.

Next stop on your hop is RONI at her INK STAINS blog!

29 comments:

  1. Oh,Julie,that is a fun project you share with us today.....I wish i had an iPhone!! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool - fabulous make-over :-)

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo a new insert each month for my iphone is very tempting!! Darn Otterbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good idea, only my guy would need an extra large version. The phone case is a great idea! And your design is so well done.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the great ideas, I am sure I could make my iPhone look so much nicer now too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie. This. Is. Awesome. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, making something for the man in your life! Now he has to support your habit. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Julie, this project is really great! Love the idea of the phone cover, but better yet the organizer is just perfect! Will be busy casing this one, thanks for the wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful box and iphone case cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good lookin' and functional - I love projects like this! I have a clear iPhone case that I had grand plans for that never materialized - I'll have the use your idea and my Tribal stamps on that soon. Awesome job Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the iPhone cover. But the little valet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, you've done it again! Amazing box & iphone case covers.

    Kathiems2003

    ReplyDelete
  12. You come up with some really neat projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea Julie! It looks great and what an awesome idea for a gift for a guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had forgotten all about the Lotus Pond project....GREAT tranformation, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is TOO perfect!! I absolutely ADORE it!!! I would LOVE to make this!! So, so handy!!!! Terrific job, Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful, Julie. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh this is just too cute. I love your take on this kit. And this dose scream manly. Love it!!!

    TFS An'Jenic-

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is the best phone cover EVER. incredibly gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant Julie!!!!! As always, lots of inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is wonderful! So cute and useful. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't realize this was the LP project in disguise. How clever!

    ReplyDelete