Monday, October 7, 2013

Faux Tim Tag!

Hi everyone!

Not sure if you are in the loop or not, but today was the first day of Tim Holtz's Online Card Class called Creative Chemistry 102. You have to be a graduate of Creative Chemistry 101 before you can move on and sign up for this class.  Check out the details HERE if you are out of the Tim Holtz loop. :)

I received an email early this morning that the online class was available and off I went to learn from the Master of Grungy and everything Inky! Fun fun fun! Tim knows his stuff and always has something new up his sleeve. If day one is a preview was it to come then I already give this weeks' classes a big Thumbs UP!

So getting back to my post. I love Club Scrap and when I recreate Tim's signature tags I always try to incorporate as many of the Club Scrap products as I can. I also know that not everyone has the time and energy to spend on making the kind of incredibly detailed and technique driven tags that Tim makes.
Here is how I made a quick Faux Tim Tag using Club Scrap's Pattern Basics paper (my secret weapon in making this tag fast).
Spread CS Book Binding Glue to the surface of your tag.
*tip- I made mine from cheap manila folders
Position Pattern Basics Neutral paper on top of  tag.
Trim away any access paper and punch the hole.
Ink around the edges of your tag using your favorite ink.
I used Gathered Twigs Distress ink.  
Using a Tonic paper distress tool, run along the edges of the tag to rough them up a bit.
Stamp the Lock & Key quote to a piece of Papillon glittery blue cardstock and tear the bottom edge.
Mat onto a piece of Versailles dark blue cardstock (tear bottom edge too)  and add ribbons and key embellishment thru hole in tag.
Continue stamping using the Lock & Key images to add interest to your background.
The Comfort Zone texture stamp worked great to imitate Tim's famous Spritz and Flick technique.
Using your hand instead of an acrylic block, ink the stamp in small areas and simply stamp randomly over the tag.
This tag came together very quickly because the background was already done thanks to the beautiful Pattern Basics Neutral paper.
I hope you will give this Faux Tim Tag a try.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I can't decide whether I should watch 101 or just start 102....maybe I should have decided that a bit earlier.. ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out fabulous! I did graduate from 101, but don't think I have time to do 102. On the other hand this tag is so cute.... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute beautiful, Julie and your tag is a perfect copy in Club Scrap variation. Wish I had more time in a day!

    ReplyDelete