Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Welcome to the Lock & Key Blog Hop!

 photo LockKey_BlogHop_badge_rsz_zps419e832f.jpg

Welcome to my stop along Club Scrap's Lock & Key Blog Hop! So happy that you have decided to join us again this month. If you arrived here from Club Scrap Creates, then you are in the right spot, if not, you might want to hop back over there to see what Karen has created for the hop! 

This month I have chosen to create a paper flower necklace. I loved the look of the papers (some of my favorite color combos) and the wonderful metal key embellishments. 

Here are the steps I took in creating my necklace.

Find chain and jump rings at the local craft store that coordinate with the metal key embellishments. Bottle cap charms will be hot glued onto the backs of the paper flowers and then attached to the necklace by jump rings.
Choose papers from the kit to use when die cutting my flowers.
Use extra jump rings to attach the small key embellishment so that it dangles down past the bottle caps. Make sure the bottle caps are evenly spaced on the necklace and provide ample spacing for the paper flowers.
Die cut many colors and sizes from the Lock & Key cardstock for your paper flowers. Use Sizzix dies from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals line. A brad holds the flowers together. Hot glue the paper flowers to the bottle caps.
*Note: The large size key was used to complete the necklace.
I wore the necklace to a parent group meeting last week.
If you are interested in more details on how I make my paper flowers be sure to check out THIS BLOG POST!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy the rest of the hop!

Up next on your hop is RONI at INK STAINS BLOG

27 comments:

  1. Creative minds seem to think alike! Both of us thought lock&key was for jewelery. I love your bottlecap idea! so joyful and it looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such wonderful flowers!! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! Flowers are my go-to embellishment, so I can see many uses for flowers with this kit. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I'm just gonna say it...this necklace is genius! I love that you made something wearable. Now not only can we hoard our kits, we can WEAR them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--that is SO nifty, Julie! And it looks GREAT on you! Thanks for including the photo of you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Julie - when did you say you were doing a personal tutorial for me here in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool Julie! Love the combination of the paper flowers and the metal keys - that makes for a great statement necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun necklace.....thanks for this fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for a fun necklace! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great idea - love your flower necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...such a great match with your outfit. This could be made with other CS paper colors to match any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! I can never get the hang of making jewelry, but you make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jennifer Gray (vasha13)November 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM

    Very pretty Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super nice, did you get a lot of comments at the parent's meeting? I actually love doing something crafty and being able to show it off like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet! I did, several that night and I have since worn it and have continued to get compliments. :)

      Delete
  16. Seriously Julie you are killing me with your creative genius! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julie
    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Now that I have seen your necklace that might be my next project for paper flowers. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Donna, thanks so much for checking out the blog. Seriously, your bouquet was just so special!! :)

      Delete
  18. That necklace is amazing! I may just take the plunge and try to make a piece of jewelry! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete