Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gnome for the Holidays Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Club Scrap Gnome for the Holidays Blog Hop!

If you have arrived here from Roni's post on her InkStains Blog then you are in the right place. If not, you may want to hop to check out the list of participating blogs at Club Scrap Creates so you don't miss out on any of the fun and creativity along the way.
Gnome for the Holidays Paper collection
This fun kit was born out of ideas discussed during one night at dinner at Club Scrap Retreat this past August. How cool is that! Anne Marie really wanted these little gnomes to be in a Club Scrap kit one way or another and she finally got her wish in this adorable collection. It's perfect!

As for me and my post today, I spent some time this past week ALSB'ing my kit. By following the detailed cutting directions supplied with the purchase of the kit, I made 10 12x12 layouts all ready and waiting for my Christmas pictures.

When I create these layouts I always try and find ways to "save" some of the papers. Some pieces get rescued from behind an 8.5x11 anchor piece and others I get by trimming papers creatively so that no background papers are covered up by large strips of cardstocks.  Check out my post HERE to find out more details on how I stretch each kits papers. Here are all the things I made with some of those carefully recovered pieces of cardstock and left over cutaparts.


I created this layout based on a sketch provided by Tiare Smith over at her iClassygirl blog.
I created the candy cane focal image by stamping it over and over again on a sheet of white cardstock using Club Scrap's Neon Green ink. I added the red stripes using the stencil and simply drew the lines in with a red Marvy marker. The stencil is specifically designed to go with the stamps and is sold as a set.  I also stamped the large Holly on white cardstock, colored them in using the Neon Green Ink Dabbers and then fussy cut them, inked the edges with brown ink so I could add as embellishments to my page. Red Glitter glue makes the berry clusters pop!

Products used in this layout:
Red Cardstock - Club Scrap's Polynesian kit (2001)
Black Cardstock - Club Scrap's Pure and Simple kit (2009)
Light & Leaf Green paper, journal block & cutapart - Club Scrap's Gnome for the Holiday's (2013)
{merry} - Thickers

Next up is a card using some of the strips of cardstocks from the kit, red fiber and a left over cutapart journalling block which I nested with some mats and stamped a sentiment from the unmounted stamps set.




Finally, I created a version of Kay Williamson's super clever Repurposed Rubber Stamp Wood Blocks project. I fell in love with this idea immediately and ran to get my blocks that I had removed the stamps off of months ago, so glad I held onto them!  Check out Kay's blog post for details.
I added a poinsettia flower and brad from my stash attached to a cluster of the fussy cut holly leaves.  Stamped the letters onto the nested photo mats and added glitter glue for a little sparkle. I think the faux stitching completed the look. I tied a small natural twine bow behind the holly too. I added pics of my 3 kiddos to the back side of each of the blocks.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you enjoy the rest of the Hop!

Next up is Lisa at her Carpe Memoria Blog.

35 comments:

  1. Very festive page,Julie and such lovely boxes.Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and love your rendition of repurposed stamp handles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came back to have another look and read all your text,no boxe...it looked that way!
    It is Kay's reusing the woodblock project...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Julie you have been busy. Love everything you did with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty, Julie! I especially like our wooden block project. I need to unmount some stamps so I can make one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Julie! Not sure what I like best - I'm really loving the holly details on your scrapbook page and the block project is fantastic! Thanks for showing us all the wonderful things you created with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I am totally stealing that idea for the blocks! I don't have any wooden ones, but I think I can make some with chipboard (Laura Denison Style) and then add the embellies and photos! Thanks so much Julie, I love all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects Julie ~ the lo is beautiful and those blocks are so cool!
    Fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tips on getting the most from these kits and love your JOY blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie! I love these projects- and the tips on saving paper as well from your previous blog entry! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the items you made, will have to look into making the blocks

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for showing us your great projects, and for the helpful hints on how to maximize our paper usage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are so cute. Great LO for Xmas pages.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the candy cane circle! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your JOY project is awesome!! Very special!
    Beth M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the page, card and project! Hmm...I happen to have 3 kiddos, too, may just have to scraplift that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gish I almost made the repurposed wood block as my project as well, thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been saving my blocks to do some alter art ..yours is so cute! I hope I can work on this weekend! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These projects are so cool! Love what you did with the unmounted blocks! Great work, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wouldn't have thought about using the neon green with this collection. Thanks for showing that it looks great. Love the candy cane layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your block project, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie these are fantastic! I am making gift bags and these candy cane circles will make great ornaments

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your ideas! THAnKS for sharing JULIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are wonderful projects. I especially like the Candy Cane Mat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julie, love everything, but my favorite is the scrapbook page. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I also loved the idea from Kay's blog! It is great how your reinterpreted her idea...love.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your take on the wooden blocks is so adorable Julie...also love your page and card, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE! I love this kit and what you've done with it. You know I love the layout. You did such and AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your JOY project is awesome!! Love it. Awesome job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete