Welcome CLUB SCRAP HOPES Blog Hoppers! So happy that you have decided to come hop with us today. If you have arrived here from the Pat at the Technique Trail you are in the right spot.
If not, you may want to start the hop from the beginning at the Club Scrap Creates Blog, so you don't miss any amazing artwork along the way.
I am so excited to share my project with you.
I started with an idea, that came from where else? but Pinterest. Some seriously awesome inspiration there! I saw some ways to showcase photos using old shabby looking shutters. I always try and figure out a way to recreate my project using paper.
So using a few images as my jumping off point, I started to cut apart my Hopes pizza box. I ended up making my shutters using 3 layers of pizza box card board glued together using Club Scrap Bookbinding Glue.
When all my components were dry I used hot glue to construct my shutters. I spray painted them with white matte paint and then crackle painted them with Vintage Photo Distress Crackle Paint from Ranger. I painted the inside of the doors with a cream color to compliment the Hopes Kit papers.
When the crackle paint had dried I took some sandpaper and further added to the distressed look.
I added little door handles using some wood plugs and secured them onto the doors using decorative upholstery tacks. This gave the inside of the doors a finished look too.
The back of the project is a 10x10.75" piece of thick chipboard. I painted along all the edges and sides with the Vintage Photo Distress Crackle paint. Once dry, I layered on the Hopes white print paper trimmed to 9.75x10.5". I distressed the edges using my Tonic distress tool. To add to the shabby look I tore off small bits of paper along the perimeter and inked the edges with Earth Ink.
I mounted the shutters onto the large piece of book board using small hinges. They are attached to the doors using hot glue. The "nails" are actually tiny brads that came in the 2008 Club Scrap's Private Eye kit embellishment cup.
After the shutters were in place I set out to embellish them. I used parts of the Hopes kit including the quote cut apart, dragonfly brad, and orange eyelets to create the little hanging sign.
I printed out 2 butterflies from the Papillon digi kit to fussy cut, color and add to the front and inside of my project. The butterfly on the front is much smaller and I colored it using Distress Stickles in Spice Marmalade and a copper glitter glue from Studio G. The white flowers were made using the left over pieces of 12x12" white Hopes print and die cut with Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die. I created centers using a brown cardstock and punched some suns and finished with large pearls from my stash. The larger orange flower is also die cut with the same die and I used the Hope handmade paper. The center is a nail head.
The inside embellishments included the second butterfly printed on sticker paper and colored with watercolor pencils in marigold, orange, and orange red. I spritzed the piece heavily with a water mini mister. I used pieces of the lace fibers, orange cardstock punched with a Martha Stewart flower punch and a journalling block. The flower centers are tiny Dazzle stickers from the Club Scrap Love Blooms Kit.
The final step in completing the project was printing a photo taken by my daughter Alicia. My husband Greg and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary on Friday and this was a special way to commemorate this day.
Quite frankly life has been very hectic since my last post.
Blessed to have my family all together with my in laws visiting from Arizona. We always have so much fun together. We even managed to get all the folks together for a nice lunch out at the Cape Cod Canal at a restaurant called the Aqua Grille.
It was a very warm day with cool ocean breezes canal side.
I created this layout digitally with my beloved Cape Cod Club Scrap kit.
I used the Jubilee Club Scrap layout card which is the Sketch Relay challenge this month.
If you want to join in the fun check it out HERE.