Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Club Scrap's May Blog Hop!

Dungarees Blog Hop photo Dungarees_blog_hop_badge_zpsa159cd0d.jpg


Welcome to the May Blog Hop featuring Club Scrap's Dungarees kit.  If you arrived here from Club Scrap Creates blog and Karen's amazing post then you are in the right place, if not, hop back over and check out what she has created.

Image Source - Downloadable Template 
Speaking of my friend Karen, she shared this fun project with me and thought I could use it in one of my Pizza Box creations. Never one to back away from a challenge, I took it on with great excitement!  I have always admired this type of hinged box set and knew it would look great using my empty pizza boxes and the Dungarees papers.


Here are the steps I took in creating this project.

1. Download the template and print out onto standard copy paper.  Do not adjust the scale of your image.

2. Lay out the template onto your pizza boxes which have been broken down flat.


3. Line up the images to form one template, using the cross hairs, positioning them in each area of your box. Tip: hold your template up to a window to ensure your pieces are lined up properly before laying onto the box. Tape together using clear tape. Remember, this template is designed for a specific Amazon shipping box and I am using a Club Scrap pizza box, it fit in nicely, don't ya think?


4. Tack down the templates onto the pizza box with tape.

5. Cut out the template and pizza box pieces using a utility craft knife and large ruler. It is important to keep the template pieces tacked onto the box pieces after cutting for future reference.

6. Score the box pieces through the template with a bone folder or dull pencil.


7. Cut through the top layer only of the box pieces on the score lines using a craft knife.


using the craft knife gently cutting through just the top layer


front of cut score line
back of cut score line
8. Punch holes into all of the marked template/box pieces using a Cropadile.


9. Connect the pieces together with CS® Book Binding Glue.


10. Once the 3 boxes and lid are assembled ink the edges with CS® Earth Hybrid ink and cover with papers from the Dungarees kit.

Carefully attach the hinges to the boxes through the punched holes being careful to arrange the boxes for proper hole alignment. Tip: There is a wrong and a right way. If the hinges and holes are not lining up, don't panic, the boxes just need to be rotated to the proper side. Secure all pieces together using metal brads.








11. Complete the box with embellishments on the lid. Stamped quote, zippertag and buttons from the Dungarees kit.  Fray the edges of the papers using the Tonic paper distress tool.


I really hope you enjoyed my project.


Thanks for stopping by today and next up on the hop...
RONI's INKSTAINS Blog

35 comments:

  1. That's our Julie! 101 things to do with a pizza box :) You always leave me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what to do NEXT month, Karen says, rubbing her hands together . . . . I think you blew that challenge outta the water, Julie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Tricia, I can see her now LOL. Actually, she has sent me another idea... stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. I don't even know what to say! You're amazing Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - absolutely awesome and wonderful use of our pizza boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cool! I'm glad you took pics of it opening because I was just itching to do that! So, was the real challenge translating the instructions from Japanese??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, right Wendy, actually the whole thing was a breeze when it came to the template. Just lay it down and cut it out. The hard part was cutting those small tight curves. A WR Memory Corner Rounder tool would have been ideal. But I did my best LOL

      Delete
  6. What fun! Such a cool project ~ love it Julie!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But the real question is, what are you going to put in it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes... any ideas?... I was thinking embellishments storage

      Delete
  8. That is adorable! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Winner Julie! So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, I have no words. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome project, Julie . . . I knew you could do it and make it look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute project and add it to the list of pizza box projects to do! I love the inking you did Julie - it really helps to pull everything together. Thanks for showing us the template and the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really neat project as always Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, another amazing project from pizza boxes. So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! I'm always blown away with what you come up with to make out of the pizza boxes Julie. Thank you for another piece of amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely AWESOME,Julie! I do have a sewing box like that from my grandmother. I love the conextions,never thought of it like you do. Great construction, SUPER project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, my friend you take on a challenge very well! AWESOMENESS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You never cease to amaze me, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute and perfect for this kit. I love your pizza box creations, but you have me wondering what could be next. Thank you much for such a good tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWSERS this is a crazy cool project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie you are an amazing paper engineer! I love this hinged box. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Julie, I'm a little late to the hop, but just wanted to tell you how cool this is. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant design Julie, wow you have lots of patience to work out all those steps.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is awesome, Julie! I'm amazed at what you can do with a pizza box!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great project! You could write a book about the many creative ways to use pizza boxes, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julie, this is so cute! as always :)

    ReplyDelete