Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Club Scrap's Oopsie Daisy Blog Hop

 photo 0714_BlogHopBadge_zps11dfbe72.jpg

Welcome to my stop along the Oopsie Daisy Blog Hop featuring artwork created with the July Club Scrap kit. If you have arrived here from Karen's post at Club Scrap Creates, then you are in the right place, if not, you want to head back over to see the complete list of participating bloggers.


The theme for this month's kit just begged for me to create something using paper flowers. I saw this wonderful door/wall swag on Pinterest and wondered how I could recreate it using my kit.

Here are the steps I took to make my wall swag.

1. Trim pieces of pizza box to create the sides, bottom, room and front of the birdhouse.


2. Adhere the pieces together using Book Binding Glue.



3. Trim pieces of the Green paper to create shingles. Ink, distress and curl the edges to add depth.




4. Cut pieces of the Caramel paper to fit the front, bottom and sides of the birdhouse.

5. Punch a 1" circle from the Charcoal paper and then matte with Gray paper stamped with the Borders and Backgrounds Oopsie Daisy text circle. Attach to front of birdhouse.


6. Stamp the large daisy image onto plain white paper.


7. Paint the daisies using Gelatos and a water brush.


8. Fussy cut the daisy images.

Tip: Cut around the daisy images prior to fussy cutting.

9. Give the flowers dimension using a stylus tool on a fun foam pad.


10. Cut foliage using an electronic die cut machine.

Silhouette SD and cutting files

Note: I also cut Light Green Trees paper using a Sizzix Big Shot and several foliage dies.  

11. Create additional daisy shapes using Fiskars and Recollections punches.


12. Assemble the swag on a large piece of driftwood (I have collected a lot over the years living here on Cape Cod ;)


13. Create centers for your flowers using homemade texture medium mixed with dark brown acrylic paint.


Note: I added tiny dots of black paint on the centers and around the insides of the large daisies.
Here is another look at my completed project.


Hope you enjoyed my part of the blog hop today!

Next up is Roni's Inkstains Blog!


19 comments:

  1. What a fun and wonderful 3D project!! WOW all of the beautiful pieces - just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza box queen strikes again. Julie you totally amaze me with your talent. This project is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty swag, thanks for all the details too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good gravy!!! That's amazing! Wonderful job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are MacGyver with a pizza box! Your swag turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This is so beautiful! Have a great day Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Julie! Awesome! love the birdhouse, it's soooo darn cute and those handmade flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Julie. I love how you take someone else's ideas and make them your own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swag Julie! I love how you continue to use the pizza box for your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! It is great to see the different ways you created flowers and greenery. Thanks for adding the details; the texture on the roof is great. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive, Julie!!! You're rocking the creativity factor! Can't go wrong with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did what !?! Amazing!!! Beautiful and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great Julie. You've done it again, what a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie - absolutely beautiful !!! I love your flowers, I'll be working on creating some for myself.

    ReplyDelete