Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oopsie Daisy - Art Journal PJ Party!

Hi Everyone!


My daughter Shannon and I have been looking forward to this night all week. Tiare Smith hosts a fun and creative online live pj party every Wednesday night. On the second Wednesday of the month, she features that month's Club Scrap kit. The July kit is Oopsie Daisy and lends itself to art journaling perfectly. Shannon and I both used the giant daisy mask which came with the kit and stamps from the Borders and Backgrounds set.

Shannon traced the masking stencil in pencil and colored and outlined it in markers.
She used the Geometrics stencil along with the Neon Dabbers along the edges.

I used watered down black Gelato and stenciled around the daisy mask to create a shadow. Then I added rust and golden rod Gelatos directly to the mask, spritzed it and laid it on the stenciled shadow image. I fussy cut the daisy, leaving the shadow edge in tact, and glued it to my page. I also added some acrylic paint to my homemade texture paint and applied it with a credit card through the Geometrics stencil.

Thanks to Tiare and all her friends for making Shannon feel welcome. She had such a wonderful time chatting with everyone and creating.


Have a terrific and creative week!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Shannon! There are few things in life better than mother/daughter crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, you are so right about that!

      Delete
  2. pretty texture! wonderful art she had made ^_^

    ReplyDelete