Welcome! If you arrived here from Karen's post over at Club Scrap's Blog, then you are in the right spot. If not, you may want to hop back and see her amazing artwork and also check out the entire list of participating bloggers!
|Fall Wall Hanging|
Here is how it all came together.
1. Print out 41/2" tall alphas spelling the word fall from the Blueprints Digital Kit onto copy paper.
2. Cut out letters to use as template. Trace the basic letter shape onto a Club Scrap Pizza Box. Cut out the letters and color the edges with CS® Earth Ink.
3. Cut two pieces of Pizza Box, with alternating grain directions, to 5.5 x 12.5" long. Use Bookbinding Glue to adhere the pieces together.
4. Use two pieces of paper from the collection to cover the base of the wall hanging.
Green - 8.5 x 5.5" Blue - 8.5 x 9.5"
5. Stamp the papers, prior to attaching to the base, with scroll image from the Border & Background stamp set.
6. Mark the position of the smaller green paper before glueing. The papers will overhang the outside edge of the Pizza Box base 1.5" on all sides. The green and blue papers will meet and lay flush next to one another.
|This mark will be where the glue is applied first, to attach the green paper to the base.|
8. Repeat for the other side of the Pizza Box base and attach the blue paper.
9. Mitre the four corners at 45 degree angles to wrap the base, making sure that you leave at least a 1/4" of paper at the corners.
10. Once complete, your base will look like this.
|Video demo of basic wrapping technique - HERE|
12. Fussy cut the letters and attach to the Pizza Box letters.
|I offset the letters to create a drop shadow effect.|
14. Sponge the edges with CS® Tangerine Ink. Add die cut brown paper twig for stem.
15. Die cut a lot of leaves, acorns, and twigs for embellishments. Add inks directly to the paper prior to die cutting, to add texture and dimension to the leaves.
|Green paper colored with CS® Leaf ink.|
|Gold paper colored with Tangerine ink.|
|Dab on CS® WOW Red ink.|
|Sponge on inks before removing die cut white leaves from paper.|
17. Attach your embellishments and letters and you have a wonderful fall wall hanging to enjoy all season.
|Click the image to get a close up view :)|
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the hop.
Next up is Roni's Inkstains Blog!