Welcome to November's Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring the Lakes Collection. If you arrived here from Karen's post then you are in the right place. If not, hop back to the Club Scrap Blog for a complete list of participating bloggers.
My Dad always loved to take my brother and I fishing off the marsh near our house when we were little. As a Grandpa, he has continued the tradition with our kids. I printed out some photos of these special fishing trips and plan to put them in this unique little elastic bound album for him as a gift.
Here is how it came together.
1. Trim a Club Scrap Pizza Box to 5.5 x 9" to create the cover.
2. Cut slits in the cover (being careful not to cut all the way through the cardboard) horizontally at 4 and 5".
3. Fold the cover at the slits forming the spine of the cover. * Note the slits will be to the outside of the cover.
4. Create five signatures using 5.25x7.5" Dark Teal, Light Teal, and Mint papers from the collection. Score and fold each horizontally at 3.75".
5. Use five elastic bands to secure the signatures to the spine. Click HERE to view a video tutorial, which was the inspiration for this binding technique.
6. Decorate the spine with bits of fibers, from the Embellishment Pack.
7. Embellish the cover with Mint, Dark Teal and Light Teal panels.
8. Stamp the Mint panel with Earth Ink using the Borders and Backgrounds UM images.
9. Fashion a tiny fishing pole from a wooden skewer. Attach a silver fish charm to the pole with white wax linen thread.
10. Add Thickers to create the title on the Dark Teal panel and handwrite "with Grandpa" in silver gel pen.
11. All edges are distressed with Earth hybrid ink.
12. Add photos to your album!
Hope you will try this quick and easy binding technique.
Up next on the hop is Roni's Inkstains Blog!