Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Countdown Day 1 - Advent Calendar Ornament

Welcome to the 1st day of December!


Growing up, my brother and I would be so excited when the advent calendar was brought out. It was made by my mom repurposing a yardstick holder. Tied with yarn bows, each day we would come down the stairs, and carefully untie each bow until Christmas.  What a wonderful memory, and made even better now that my children get to use the same one (with a few minor repairs) from my childhood.


I shared my Pizza Box Advent Calendar and now it is time to share what is hidden in the drawers!


Day 1 is a red Rosette.



1. Die cut Club Scrap® Brick Homestead paper using the Sizzix Big Shot and the Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Mini Rosette die.

2. Assemble both sizes of rosettes and glue together sandwiching a wire hanger in between the layers.

3. Stamp a snowflake image onto the large ridged die cut circle and heat emboss with silver powder.
*Note: The small ridged circle is used to cover the hole on the back side of the rosette.

4. Adhere to the stacked rosettes.

5. Embellish with silver glitter glue.

Hang on your tree and enjoy!

See you tomorrow for Day 2!

Snowflake - Club Scrap® Happy Holiday 2010 UM stamp set
Silver Glitter Glue - Recollections



3 comments:

  1. Looks great Julie, thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas decorations with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable ornament - and I know how to make those!! That pizza box calendar is great but a little ambitious right now!

    ReplyDelete