This origami tree could be used on a card, as a gift tag or even as an ornament. Check out the origami tree template for more details.
Here is how this ornament came together.
1. Create a quad print using a digital scrapbooking application (I use iScrapbook) and Club Scrap's Gnome for the Holidays 2013 digital kit. Print out on white text weight paper.
2. Cut out one circle of heavy weight paper (Memoirs Green) and a matching circle out of the striped print. Glue the two pieces together to create a double sided circle.
3. Distress the edges of both sides of the circle with Spruce hybrid ink.
4. Trim the circle in half, ink the long edges, and score both half circles using the template as shown.
|I printed out the template on 8.5x11 copy paper.|
6. Glue both halves together making sure to sandwich a loop of baker's twine to form a hanger.
|I added weight to the ornament when gluing the two halves together.|