Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Countdown Day 2 - Advent Calendar Ornament

Welcome to Day 2 of my Christmas Countdown!

Today I am sharing an adorable Pinterest Inspired ribbon candy ornament.  This old fashioned favorite always reminds me of my Grandmother. She always had this special treat out at Christmas.


You will find that most of my posts during the countdown will be inspired from this highly addictive website.  :)

Here is how I made my ornament.

1. Run Red and Lime (Club Scrap® Take Wing) papers through your favorite embossing machine (I use a Sizzix Big Shot) using a corrugated/stripe embossing folder (Darice). * Note - I found the paper curled easier by doing this step, but it isn't necessary.


2. Trim the pieces into 1x5" strips.


3. Curl them into a ribbon candy shape.


4. Pierce a hole through the paper candy.


5. Thread a 5" piece of wire through the paper candy.


6. Adhere the ribbon layers together with Club Scrap® BookBinding Glue using a toothpick.



7. Slide on beads (Club Scrap® Random Doorways) to embellish.


8. Use round nose pliers to make loops at either end to secure.


Hang on the tree and enjoy!


See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Neat way to recreate a "sweet" memory Julie. I love homemade ornaments and still hang all the ones my children made when they were little. My mom still displays the ones WE made as children, and those are OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute - I may have to see if my mom wants to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some easy and fun decorations for the tree.
    You have some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever and adorable! Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative. These are adorable.

    ReplyDelete