Welcome to day 21 of my countdown to Christmas.
Several years ago, Club Scrap® released a Weekend of Workshops kit that included a fun Holiday Glow Lamp project. I also created a Cape Cod version shared on the Club Scrap Blog which you can see HERE. These festive lamps were the inspiration for today's ornament.
Sitting atop a tree light, this miniature version of the glow lamp is adorned with tiny images from Homemade Holiday and Happy Holiday 2010 stamp sets. It stands 2.25" tall and is 1.25" square at the base.
1. Cut out the frame shape of the luminary with a Silhouette SD using white cover weight paper.
2. Create the base using book board covered with Ornamental Translucent Green paper. The shade of the luminary is also made of this same paper.
3. Stamp images on the outside of the translucent paper using black archival ink.
4. Punch a hole large enough for the tree light to fit into in the base of the luminary.
5. Create a holder out of a folded piece of white paper. Attach to the green base with glue. It will act as a holder for the luminary to fit inside.
Put on the tree light and enjoy!
See you tomorrow.