I have seen a few altered tin can Snowman hat's on Pinterest lately and they are the inspiration behind this Frosty's hat ornament.
Here is how I created it.
1. Cut a piece of Study in Red black paper 1.5 x 5.5" long and wrap into a tube shape. Secure with Club Scrap® Book Binding Glue. Set aside and allow to dry.
2. Trace the top of the tube onto the same black paper and cut out the circle with scissors. Attach to the top of the hat with glue.
3. Once dry, lay the hat on its top and pierce a hole in the center. Thread a loop of black linen thread (both cut ends) through the hole to the inside of the hat. Secure with a knot and pull the loop to the top of the hat.
4. Cut five 2.5" circles with a cutter, die or punch and stack together, adhering all with glue.
5. Use a very thin layer of glue and attach brim to the top of the hat.
6. Wrap a piece of red glitter twill around the hat by the brim and attach with glue.
7. Stamp holly leaves from Gnome for the Holidays 2013 unmounted rubber stamp set in Club Scrap® Leaf Ink onto Take Wing green paper.
8. Fussy cut the holly with scissors and ink the edges using Leaf ink.
9. Hole punch Study in Red red suede paper to create three berries. Embellish berries with red glitter glue.
10. Tie a bow of red and white baker's twine and attach holly, berries and bow to hat with hot glue.
Club Scrap® Supplies:
Take Wing 2013 green paper
Study in Red 2008 red and black paper
Gnome for the Holidays 2013 stamp set
Book Binding, Padding and Laminating glue
Leaf Hybrid Ink
Bakers Twine from stash
Studio G Red Glitter glue
Red glitter twill ribbon from stash
See you tomorrow.