Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Club Scrap Reunion Blog Hop!

Welcome to my stop on Club Scrap's blog hop, featuring December's monthly kit, Reunion. If you arrived here from Karen's post at the Club Scrap Blog then you are in the right place. If not, hop on back and check out the list of participating bloggers, so you don't miss a thing.

Here is how I created my Family Tree project.


1. Create a large tree image using your favorite digital scrapbooking application (I use iScrapbook) and the Reunion digital kit. Crop the image to just the tree on a 8.5x12 canvas.


2. Take this image into Photoshop and remove the leaves using the eraser tool and save.


3. Print the tree image out onto Tan paper.


4. Cut out the tree and layer it onto Blue, Brown and Red papers.


5. Use the leaf from the Borders and Backgrounds set and stamp several onto Memoirs Green paper using Leaf Hybrid Ink.


6. Handwrite the names and dates of relatives on each leaf. There was enough room to include my parents, grandparents and great grandparents. Fussy cut each leaf and attach to the tree.


7. Stamp the sentiment from the B&B stamp set, onto a piece of hybrid print paper (scrap from a previous project) and attach to the base of the tree.

This project finished size is 12x12" so it will fit into a scrapbook or a frame.

Thanks for stopping by today and up next on the hop is Roni's Inkstains Blog!


23 comments:

  1. Great idea, Jullie! I was planning something like this too.
    Happy New Year to you and your family! May the new year be a creative one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea Julie. Perfect tree for this as well. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice project! A great keepsake. I like how you made it 12x12 so it would fit into an album or go on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost made a family tree with my digi kit! Yours turned out awesome. What a great page for a real family reunion scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun project, Julie! I know this is what Jacqueline envisioned when she designed the individual leaf stamp. Very cool, as always. (But WHERE is the pizza box? What the heck, Julie! LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love!! The altered wine bottle is so cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea! I made a tree in my wedding album - it was nice to see the relation of everyone with all of the family shots in the scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project. Julie! I did something like this many years ago when I scrapped a family reunion (in my pre-Club Scrap days), but this tree is so cool, I think I may have to do another one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a wonderful idea for using that beautiful tree image. I love mixing thing up with the digital kit and this gives me lots of ideas. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to have this family tree in the scrapbook, or on the wall, or I could also see it sitting on an easel - so sweet, such a great use of the tree and the leaf!! of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you turned the tree into a family tree Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever idea and a wonderful keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie! I knew there was a way to use this for a nice family tree. Thanks for showing us how! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice project. Hey, Julie, are you related to Miles Standish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am Jennifer. He is my 9th Great Grandfather. I am also related to John Alden and Priscilla Mullens. Their daughter married Miles' son. I am also related to William Bradford and several of the founding fathers of the town that I live in. I love my family history story! :)

      Delete
  16. Wow! Fantastic! Thanks for answering. How exciting to know your history. Ours disappears in the late 1800's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so neat, both the project and knowing that much of your family history!!

    ReplyDelete