Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Countdown Day 7 - Advent Calendar Ornament

Welcome to Day 7 of my countdown to Christmas.


I saw this origami star card using hexagons on Pinterest and wanted to create a unique ornament using this clever fold.

As you can see from the link, the original uses a punch which I did not have, so I turned to a Sizzix die called Honeycomb from Tim Holtz's Alterations line. They were just the right size for an ornament.

Here is how I created this ornament.

1. Create a hybrid print using a digital scrapbooking application. Choose 2 lined backgrounds and layer. Increase the transparency of the top layer so the bottom layer shows through, creating a plaid. I used Club Scrap® Digital's Gnome for Christmas 2013.

iScrapbook digital scrapbooking application for Mac
2. Print the image out on text weight paper.


3. Die cut the hexagon shapes.


4. Fold six hexagons as shown.

*note- I started with much larger hexagons and realized I needed to make them smaller.  
5. Assemble and matte onto Take Wing Lime and Red papers. Embellish with glitter glue, paper flower with pearl center and add white and red baker's twine hanger. Attach bow to the twine with hot glue.


Hang on the tree and enjoy!

Club Scrap® supplies:
Take Wing Lime and Red paper
Digital Gnome for Christmas backgrounds
Bookshelves embellishment -adhesive pearls

Other supplies:
paper flower from stash
Studio G red glitter glue
Red Eyelet from stash
Bakers Twine from stash

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment