Another wonderful piece inspired by a Pinterest find. This decorated key was so elegant and I loved the soft shabby chic vintage feel.
Here are the steps to recreate this look.
1. Mix equal parts homemade gesso and gel medium (I substituted with Glue & Seal from Ranger.)
2. Paint a metal key with the mixture and allow to dry.
|I painted the bottom of the key first and allowed to dry and then flipped the key over and hung it in the same manner to dry.|
3. Tie a bow around the key and create the rose using Study in Red red "suede" paper and a retro flower punch.
4. Create leaves using three petals from the retro flower punch and using Take Wing Green paper.
5. Attach the leaves and rose to the bow using hot glue.
Hang on the tree and enjoy!
Club Scrap® supplies:
Ornamental 2009 sparkle ribbon
Take Wing Green paper
Study in Red 2008 Red suede paper
Creative Concoctions Retreat 2012 Homemade Gesso recipe
skeleton vintage key from stash
Ranger Glue & Seal
EK Success Retro Flower Punch
See you tomorrow.