Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spotlight Technique

Over the past several weeks I have been infatuated with the Spotlight Technique.

I first saw this video tutorial on Pinterest, and it totally blew me away. Loved the look and feel with just a portion of the image being "spotlighted" using color.



I used this as the jumping off point I created a card using the Weathered Florals Stamp set and shared it over at the Club Scrap Blog.


I made another card using the a single stemmed flower from the Oopsie Daisy UM Borders and Backgrounds stamp set. This time I raised the "spotlighted" area and left out the mat. I have to admit,  this stamping technique can be tricky when it comes to getting the image lined up correctly so that the raised panel was square with the original stamped image.



Then today while visiting Pinterest, one of my friends shared a card using a twist on the Spotlight Technique, as if it couldn't get any cooler? It did... check out the artist's card HERE. This version took the worry about the image being lined up properly out of the equation YIPPEE!

I immediately sat down to try it using some of my favorite Club Scrap floral stamp sets, Hydrangeas, Botanicals and Oopsie Daisy.  

And here is the resulting card.


I really hope you are inspired to give these techniques a try.

Supplies used:
Club Scrap Stamp sets BotanicalsHydrangeas, Oopsie Daisy, Weathered Florals
Club Scrap paper - Serengeti Aqua and Brown, Lakes Mint, and Picnic Dark Pink
Club Scrap Inks - Ash Hybrid Ink
LePlume markers
Flower charm and pearls from my stash
Ranger spritzer tool used with Broken China Distress Marker

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful samples,Julie!
    And so happy and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty cards...haven't done spotlighting for awhile..may have to remember to do it!

    ReplyDelete