Wednesday, June 24, 2015

National Parks Blog Hop

 photo 0615NatParks_blog hop_zpscumjxsou.jpg


Welcome to the June Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring this month's kit, National Parks. If you arrived here from The Crafty Colonel, Donna's Blog, then you are in the right place. If not, check out Karen's post over at the Club Scrap Blog for a complete list of participating blogs.


When Tricia first showed us her idea for this project it blew me away. I knew immediately that I wanted to make one for myself. As an attendee at the Annual Club Scrap Retreat in Wisconsin last year, we received these awesome leather pencil tool roll as a gift. I wasn't sure I wanted to use it for this purpose, and was so excited when Tricia came up with this alternative. So clever!!





Check out Tricia's Treasure Map Journal Tutorial blog post to create one of these amazing hand stitched books.

I chose to use plain papers from the National Parks kit combined with London Calling Green and text weight Floral prints.


All the colors worked so nicely and complimented the gorgeous vintage look of the print papers.


Love the pocket pages to hold lots of goodies! 

To create an embellishment for the front cover, I stamp the leather flap leftover with icon images from National Parks UM Borders and Backgrounds set.


Fussy cut the shapes to add to the cover.


The quote, stamped in India ink as well, came from the same set. Layer with canvas panel and additional papers from the collection.




It is always so much fun and rewarding to make a journal or album from scratch. Hope you will give it a try!

Next up on the hop is Debby's Masculine Inspirations in Paper Crafts Blog!

19 comments:

  1. How cute is this. You have outdone yourself again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out, Julie! The incorporation of the floral prints would have never crossed my mind, but it was the perfect combination! Beautiful work, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful journal, I use my leather pencil tool roll for tools, how silly of me. Thank you for the reminder of the text floral paper which I love, I need to use it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful idea Julie. I am still saving my tool roll for something special -- just not sure what! LOL
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! what a great idea. I might have to order another one. I did the treasure map thing with my last one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH! Love the kit combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out just super. The faux leather pencil roll is a great match to the National Parks papers. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The National Parks papers are perfect for this journal! I'm gonna need another set or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Julie, what a wonderful journal.and I love the leather look!
    The inside is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, that cover! AND the floral print...must. have. this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that album!!! Great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that album - such a fun idea and I love adding tags and pockets to albums too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that album. It looks just like a vintage rolled up map. So Cool! Love your paper selection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how your journal turned out! Awesome! And the floral papers are a wonderful addition to National Parks paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just looking at that tool pouch the other day! Thanks for the inspiration to make it something different!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so inspired to make a leather journal book! You did a super job!

    ReplyDelete