Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Club Scrap Woven Strands Blog Hop

 photo 0815bloghop_badge_zpsv4rkwswd.jpg


Welcome to the August Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring this month's kit, Woven Strands. If you arrived here from Josette's Little Bits: Blog, then you are in the right place. If not, check out Karen's post over at Club Scrap for a complete list of participating blogs.

Check out the Inspiration Artwork HERE.

After playing with my Gelli Arts Printing Plate, I am always left with many art orphans (aka - little works of art ready to be used for future projects).

Here is how they found a home in my Blog Hop project.

1. Stamp Woven Strands Art Nouveau and Collection UM images onto Gelli Print art orphans using India Ink.



2. Create a petal template from sturdy paper, and trace onto the back of each stamped Gelli Print.


3. Cut out each petal and ink the edges with India Ink.

Before inking the edges.
After inking the edges. 
4. Arrange on background paper in desired pattern.


5. Trim a small center circle from a scrap of stamped Gelli Print.


6. Create background using Woven Strands 12x12 Burgundy, Dark Green and Blue plain papers.


7. Trim the Burgundy paper at 11.5" and rotate 90 degrees in the trimmer and cut again at 11.5". Trim the Dark Green paper at 11.75" and rotate 90 degrees in the trimmer and cut again at 11.75".


8. Optional - Trim the center of each of the Blue and Dark Green papers leaving a 1.5" border around the outside edge using a rotary blade trimmer or craft knife. The scraps can be used in future projects!


9. Distress the edges of the papers with India Ink. Layer the Burgundy and Dark Green papers together and then attach to the Blue 12x12 base paper.

10. Adhere the small center circle to the Burgundy paper.


11. Attach the petals around the center circle in a radiating pattern leaving small 1/8" gaps between each petal.


12. Trim away the petals overhanging the edge of the base paper layers. The project is complete and ready for framing!



Hope you enjoyed your stop along this month's hop, as always I appreciate and love reading all your comments, and look forward to next time!


Up next on the hop is DebDuzScrappin.

** Also be sure to check out my fellow Blog Hopper Cathy Gray's Tribal Art post from 2013!  She made a similar piece of art on a previous Hop!


27 comments:

  1. Julie this is drop dead gorgeous. You have yet again outdone yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love this!! Reminds me of batik quilts, but is higher. Good use for those Gelli orphan
    . I am going to try this,
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used all the patterns to make one cohesive flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, Julie! That's simply gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,what a great use of all those papers.
    The result is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Love how yours came out and my 1st thought was that is just like mine, which is up in my daughter's home. Julie Geli fun time = gorgeous art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Julie! Love the design and the hint on saving paper! Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your art is just beautiful! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it......may have to case the basic idea of this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw your FB post, I came here first, and you knocked my socks off!! I would frame and hang at my house for sure. Your basic concept would work nicely as a layout embellishment or on a card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, this is an amazing project. I really love it. The stamps worked so well for this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this! You have so much patience to do all that cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW just amazing - it really is stunning - the papers just go together so well in this design!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you manage to do it every month. Every month you make me go WOW!!!!!

    WOW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I really love this color combo. I really need to get me a Gelli Plate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once again, Julie you've out done yourself. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete