Wow say that 5 times fast??? LOL
After seeing the super talented Kay Williamson create a Mail & Magazine Box, my friend Loree challenged me to create it out of a Pizza Box. Well of course, I had to take her up on it.
We will call this PBPPBB for short. Or maybe I should rethink the name of this post... ;)
Here is how it came together.
1. Gather two Club Scrap Pizza Boxes and cut them into pieces.
2 - 10x10" bases
2 - 4x10" short side wall - grain direction running horizontally
2 - 4x10" short side wall - grain direction running vertically
2 - 4x10.5" long side wall - grain direction running horizontally
2 - 4x10.5" long side wall - grain direction running vertically
2. Layer the 10x10" bases together using Club Scrap Bookbinding Glue making sure the grain direction is running opposite directions. This adds strength to the boards.
3. Layer one 4x10" short side wall (horizontal grain) with a 4x10" short side wall (vertical grain) with Bookbinding Glue.
4. Repeat for the other 4x10" short side and both sets of 4x10.5" long side walls.
5. Find the midpoint of the short side walls using the zero center on a Club Scrap Acrylic Ruler. Mark the center and then measure 1.5" from either side and .5" from top and bottom. Create a 1x3" rectangle and cut out the hole using a deep box cutter blade or several passes with a craft knife.
6. Assemble the box attaching the short sides to the base first and then the long sides using Bookbinding Glue.
7. Set aside to dry.
Now that the box is assembled I chose to cover mine with Club Scrap's Pattern Basics Pastels text weight paper. Be sure to check out Kay's technique for covering the box which inspired this project.
Here is the completed box.
I am storing some miscellaneous supplies in my box, what will you put in yours?