Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Club Scrap Big Top Blog Hop

Welcome to the October Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring this month's kit, Big Top. If you arrived here from Debbie Weller's Blog, then you are in the right place. If not, check out Karen's post over at Club Scrap for a complete list of participating blogs.

Split Coast Stampers shares some amazing techniques to inspire crafters in their Tutorials section. I found the Double Diamond Fold to be particularly interesting, so I set out to create a card using my Big Top kit.


An assortment of Big Top prints cover the inside areas of the cleverly scored card.


 I added rosettes and 'hello' with Sizzix dies cut from Big Top Blue Pattern paper. The tag was free hand cut from the Blue paper. It was stamped randomly with an image from the UM Art Nouveau Rubber set in Club Scrap Lagoon Hybrid ink. Then it was tied with grosgrain Green ribbon.


The two large rosettes are embellished with Washi tape we received as a gift at Club Scrap's Annual Retreat 2015. Edges of the rosettes are inked with Lagoon ink.


Woven Strands sentiment stamped in Onyx ink.  Art Nouveau image embellished with Bright Lights, Big City Silver star dazzle sticker.

The next card was created based on Merilyn's Card Sketch for the October challenge at the Club Scrap Forum.


As a bonus to the blog hop, I am including some storage ideas. My latest obsession has been up-cycling boxes headed for the recycling bin into storage for my dies, embossing folders, and other crafting supplies. Check out these past blog post for details.

Magazine Box Up-Cycle project
Club Scrap Transformations Blog Hop








All these storage containers started out as large food boxes from the wholesale club.

1. Seal up the ends of the box with Club Scrap Bookbinding Glue.


2. Slice the box diagonally in half with a large box cutting blade.


3. Cover the edges with white duct tape, Washi Tapes and cover the sides with papers.




4. Add metal label plates to the front panels.


As always, thanks so much for stopping by and would love your feedback on the artwork I have shared with you today.

Up next on the hop, Anne Marie's Artfully Balanced Blog.

19 comments:

  1. Super great ideas for stacking all my stuff! Perfecly used the right boxes. I need to get to work.
    I love the diamond fold card with all the elements and the rosettes. A lot to look at today, Julie. I might need to come back!


    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been extremely creative this month, Julie! I really like all the projects, but the large rosette really caught my eye--I was trying to figure out how you added the colored triangles near the center. Washi tape? How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you've been busy this month haven't you? What fun! Love those storage/organizer boxes. I love making them myself but those are just too cute with the Big Top papers. I have been admiring the double diamond but wasn't sure if I could figure it out...looks amazing and so complicated. Those rosettes are a show stopper :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea of repurposing boxes! They are fabulous and looks like I have to get busy making some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Julie. If you weren't so incredible at your existing job, I'd refer you to the carton and packaging engineering school at UW-Stout. Just sayin'. Love it all. ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible. The card had be from the first but those boxes are a class act

    ReplyDelete
  7. As if your cards weren't stunning enough, then you totally blow me away with amazing and adorable storage options. You really do excel at "thinking outside the box", my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Julie - I do so appreciate your storage box efforts. Must have a go - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, first t he awesome card and then the storage box projects! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie! Love your use of recycled boxes to make some wonderful storage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Storage Box Queen! Great ideas here, Julie, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, amazing, as always!!! Your cards are amazing and the boxes- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I also like to upcycle, and will be giving these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stuff!! Love the upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love to see what you're going to make out of cardboard. And I'm never disappointed! The cards are amazing... especially the diamond fold card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I need to devote an entire room of one of these houses to storage and hire you to come stay with me for a month and build "stuff" for me!! Then maybe I would be organized enough to actually use my supplies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie! I love these storage containers! The washi tape on the edges...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome projects! Love those storage boxes!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome projects and cards. You beat the upcycle people!!

    ReplyDelete