Welcome to the Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring the April Botanicals Kit! If you arrived here from Kay's Keepsakes blog then you are in the right spot, if not you might want to hop back to see what Karen has created at the Club Scrap Blog. There you can find the complete list of participating bloggers so you don't miss a thing!
Each month over at the Club Scrap Forum, Marya and Anne Marie challenge folks to create cards based on a sketch.
Once these cards are created, participants upload the artwork to the Club Scrap Swaps and Challenges Gallery and share their creations with others in the Card Sketch Challenge Thread for that month.
Follow these step to create this set of four cards.
1. Choose four 8.5x11" papers from the Botanicals Deluxe kit.
2. Cut papers following the free downloadable instructions.
ALCM April 2015 Card Sketch
3. Arrange the pieces following the sketch.
4. Punch out nine small daisies from the remaining scraps of each paper color.
5. Attach daisies to each of the 2.5x2.5" squares. Then add Silver Dazzles from the Constellations kit to the centers of each flower.
6. Add a sentiment from the Watercolor Blossoms UM stamp set Retreat 2013 to each of the .5x2.75" strips. Note - I used acrylic paints to add the sentiment to the brown paper and CS Hybrid Earth Ink to the remaining strips.
7. Layer the remaining panels and pieces onto the card bases. Add black foam adhesive squares giving dimension to the square and sentiment elements.
Here are the completed cards.
I also made a double lidded card box to house my card set. The original idea came from this blog post, but I altered the dimensions to suit my cards. Join me tomorrow at the Club Scrap Blog to see lots of photos, and get step by step instructions and a free template to create a Double Hinged Card Box.
Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to download your free instructions!!
Up next on the hop is Anne Marie's Blog.