Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Club Scrap Celebrate Blog Hop

0116 HopBadge photo 0116_hopBadge_zpskl4bktx7.jpg


Welcome to the January Club Scrap Blog Hop featuring this month's kit, Celebrate. If you arrived here from Roni's Inkstains blog then you are in the right place. If not be sure to check out Karen's post over at Club Scrap for a complete list of participating blogs.


I made a set of Card Carriers** designed to hold all of the birthday cards I send out each month to my loved ones. My plan is to keep it filled with cards so I will be prepared well in advance of these special occasions.


**Be sure to watch the video and to check out Tricia Morris' 50s Kitchen Blog Hop post for detailed instructions on making these fun Card Carriers.

Choose papers from Celebrate Deluxe kit and supplement with Bright Lights, Big City Yellow, Cantina Orange and Aqua, Expressions Blue and Welcome Red.


Stamp plain papers with Celebrate Jumbo UM swirls and medallions to add more interest.


Assemble the carriers and embellish.


Print out month labels using digital scrapbooking application and the Celebrate digital kit.


Trim using circle cutter and layer with Spellbinders Scalloped circle die cut papers.



Cut apart the 8.5x11 Gray Pattern Deluxe Print to cover the spines. Mix and match prints and plains leftovers from the assembly process for the front and back covers.


Let's take a closer look at the finished project.




Congratulations Club Scrap on your 200th Monthly Kit! It certainly is something to CELEBRATE.

Your next stop on the hop is Anne Marie's Artfully Balanced Blog!

18 comments:

  1. OMG,Julie what a fun idea! I wish I had the space to display something like this. You make it look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! This was a really clever project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow---the way you used the 8.5x11 White Print to decorate the outer spines was absolutely brilliant! I love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous that your birthday and the Celebrate blog hop fell on the same day! Happy Birthday Julie! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man you have been busy and this is such a delightful project. Happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used the Celebrate paper to line up the carriers! I was quite surprised to find these weren't made from pizza boxes. Happy birthday, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic project, Julie. Way to start the year organized. I've still got all my cards in photo boxes or those wooden crate boxes that clementines come in at the grocery store! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. Love how that paper transcends the entire line and says Celebrate. Could that paper be more perfect for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea! Really beautiful, too! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, You always have such great ideas and this will certainly help me get my cards organized. I just typed all my birthdays/anniversaries into a word document. Now I can print out that list for each set of months and tuck inside the appropriate carrier.
    It will be fun to make each carrier from the papers from last years CS kit for one of the months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Awesome project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sheer genius! If only I were that organized and planned that far ahead. I'd never forget another birthday! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea - love them!! You are so organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a lover of all kinds of card carriers, holders, boxes, etc., I can't help be wowed by this collection. I like the way you think-- one is great, why not a collection of six???? I wanna be just like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project Julie! So organized!

    ReplyDelete