Friday, February 19, 2016

Club Scrap Technique Challenge - Masking Tape

Roni Johnson is hosting the February Technique challenge over at Club Scrap featuring the use of masking tape.

I created cards combining the masking tape and Color Burst powders.

For these cards, allow the masked areas to dry, stamp over the masking tape with Crewel & Unusual Greetings UM stamps and then remove the tape.

Sizzix thinlits script die


For these cards, the masked areas were allowed to dry, the masking tape was removed and the Misted Stamp technique was used with Club Scrap's Seaside UM stamps.

*note- For the middle card the entire panel was covered with Color Burst pigments. Torn strips of masking tape used to create the "seaweed", more Ultramarine blue Color Burst added, allowed to dry and then the tape was removed. Highlight the seaweed with black pen.

Club Scrap Botanicals 2015 Thinking of You sentiment 
The Club Scrap Artist team was asked to create artwork with the Weathered Florals UM stamps so I decided to play along and also feature the large flower in my cards.


In this final card, I misted the stamp to form the sentiment directly into the Color Burst. It didn't stand out enough, so I outlined the word in white gel pen.


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. OMG,Julie,I guess you just couldn't stopmaking cards! They are all so happy and colorful. This is a totally fun set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic, Julie! Way to use those color bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some beautiful ideas here, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the "hello" card is my favorite! What a fabulous bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are beautiful! I have never seen this technique before! I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog Moshies Moments, and leaving a sweet comment. May God bless you. Diana

    ReplyDelete